Saturday, November 1, 2008

The begining of a new adventure...

I woke up this morning at about 4:30am Japan time, still laying in bed and trying to figure out what day it really is because the 16 hour difference in time zone is messing with my mind and body. While lingering in bed, I decided I would capture my new adventures in Japan by creating my first blog. So the story begins.

I recently accepted a new assignment (less than four weeks ago) to travel to Japan for about 9 months for Boeing as an On-Site Rep for one of our partners for the 787 program. I knew accepting this assignment would entail flipping my life upside down. These past four weeks had been quite hectic. I was able to complete tons of paperwork for my overseas
assignment, get packed, and lastly, get engaged! Yes, I said engaged. Suzanne and I are now officially engaged - I love you, Baby!

(FYI - moving to Japan has nothing to do with us getting engaged, we were already looking at wedding rings many months prior to my new assignment. Great timing, huh?)

Thursday - October 30, 2009
Getting ready to leave


Suzanne and I getting ready to have
breakfast in Edmonds and then head over to the airport to drop me off. I was not looking forward to leaving my new fiancée behind and sit on an airplane for 12 hours. But since it was a first-class flight, the plane ride wasn't all that bad. It was quite G.L.A.M.O.R.O.U.S. --- I was "flying first-class, up in the sky..."

Friday - October 31, 2008
Pictures of the Marriott Hotel - Nagoya, Japan - 35th floor

I have an extra bed if anyone wants to visit.

This toilet is cool. Has a shower, bidet, and a seat warmer! I need one for my house.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's the first photo of a bidet I've seen; I hope you like the feeling of water shooting up your butt ;-)

Congratulations on your engagement, you guys look so happy together.

Good luck and have fun in Japan.

-Somphorn&Alayah.

Anonymous said...

Man - is this a job or a vacation?? You look like you're having waaaaay too much fun :) BTW, check out the town of Aomori for me. That's the place I named Amori after.